Posting pictures on Instagram is relatively easy and convenient for mobile users, but it is quite a challenge for desktop users. Although, Instagram is gradually moving from your phone to your desktop with the new direct message update being available on desktop mode earlier this year. However, to the disappointment of people worldwide, Instagram in desktop mode still has not any option of uploading a picture.
It is quite difficult for people, especially photographers, influencers, or businesses who take content on the camera, to post pictures on Instagram because they have to use third-party cloud service. They will upload photos on the cloud from the computer and access them from their phone to post on Instagram. All of it makes the process quite tiring and compromises the quality of the image.
Now you do not have to worry about posting pictures on Instagram for a long way because we have some clever desktop tricks that will help you. You just have to follow these quick and simple steps on the Chrome or Safari browser, and you will be able to easily post pictures on Instagram from your PC or Mac.
Post Pictures to Instagram From Your PC via Chrome:
Firstly, I will give you some simple steps to help you post pictures on Instagram via PC using the Chrome browser.
- Open your Chrome browser and go “instagram.com.”
- Sign in to your Instagram account.
- Now open the Inspection panel. You can open it in three ways: keyboard shortcuts, a right-click menu, or the main menu.
- Press “Ctrl + Shift + C”.
- Click on three dots on the top-right corner and “View>Developer>Developer Tools.”
- Simply right-click anywhere on the screen and select “inspect” from the drop menu.
- It will make a panel open on the right side of the browser.
- From the top bar menu in the developers or inspection panel, click on the small device icon, the second icon from the left.
- Your screen will change the layout, and it will look like a phone screen.
- At the top of the screen, you will see a menu bar. Click on the first option and select your phone model from the drop-down menu.
- Refresh your screen, and it will show you Instagram, as you see on your mobile screen.
- Now you will also see the “+” sign that appears in the bottom-middle and let you post pictures on your Instagram from your Chrome browser.
Post Pictures to Instagram From Your Mac via Apple Safari:
Now, this method will allow you to post pictures on Instagram from Mac without any hassle. Just follow along with these steps:
- Open your Safari browser. From the above menu go to, Safari>Preferences.
- A window will open. Go to the “Advanced” settings section.
- In the last, you will see a checkbox along with the line “show develop menu in the menu bar.” Check the box and close the window.
- Open “instagram.com” and log in to your account.
- From the top menu, go to Develop>User Agent>Safari iPhone.
- It will change Instagram’s layout from desktop mode to the way you see it on your iPhone. Now you can see the “+” icon and easily post.
- In this way, you can quickly post pictures on Instagram using your Mac.