Valve’s digital gaming distribution service, Steam offers a massive gaming library for you to purchase and play on your PC. It lets you buy the individual game with only a one-time fee instead of a monthly subscription. Due to convenient service and no monthly fee, Steam makes it easier for gamers to purchase and build a gaming library.
The games you purchase are in digital form that you cannot take with you anywhere and play somewhere else. It only allows the original player to play games with the same Steam account. To make sharing easier for you, Steam also has an option to share steam gaming library with friends. This feature allows you to share your Steam gaming library with your friends and family.
Things to know before sharing your Steam gaming library
Keep in mind that only one player can play a game at any given time, and if the multiplayer wants to play the same game, then you have to buy the game twice. Also, not all games have the option of sharing, which means shared members cannot play it. You can share your Steam gaming library with at least five accounts and ten devices.
Before Sharing, Protect Your Steam Account
It is an important step because you should safeguard your account, so after sharing, everything remains in control of you. You need to enable the Steam Guard option, which will provide additional security and protect your account from any unidentified access. Here is how you can do it yourself:
- Log in to your Steam account and go to the Homepage.
- Click on your Username and choose Account Details from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and click on Account Security > Manage Steam Guard.
- You will get two options, Send Steam Guard Codes to your phone or email and turn Steam Guard off.
- Once you enable it, you will receive the code, and you have to enter it to enable it fully.
- Also, check the option that says deauthorize all other computers or devices that have saved your login information.
- Open the Steam app and log in.
- Click on the Steam at the top-left corner to open the drop-down menu. If you are using a PC, then you will see Setting or Preferences for Mac users in the menu.
- Now select Family from the menu, and it will lead you to the page that shows what other users have logged in using the same computer.
- Here you will see the option “Allow Library Sharing on this computer.” Check this option along with users ou like to share your library with.
- When both users agree from their ends, library sharing will enable.
- You can also deauthorize everyone from the same menu.
- After completing the procedure, you can share your library with any selected user using the same PC.
You can also add different devices and computers to your shred library list and allow people from far away to use your gaming library. However, in this way, only one can use the Steam gaming library and games at a time. It is quite a tricky method, and here is how you can make it happen:
- Open the account you want to share Steam Gaming Library from on your computer. Just log in and log out.
- After logging out, log in to your account and go to Family Settings.
- Check the box that states Allow Library Sharing on this computer.
- Steam will see that another account has been logged into this computer and make the account available for family sharing.
- You can select that account, and Steam will give access to its library.
- The game library owner will get the authorization email, and after he authorizes it, you both will be able to play the shared games anytime.
The same process goes with anyone else who is sharing your gaming library. In this way, it is a two-way process. Both users can access each other’s library from their own computer. You can add a maximum of 10 devices to the sharing list. All of you can enjoy each other games but not at the same time.
You can share the Steam gaming Library using the Family sharing option from the Settings. Just click on Allow Library Sharing on this computer and add the users you want to share with.
Yes, it is possible to game share on Steam between friends and family. You can play each other’s game while earning your own Steam achievements and saving progress to the cloud. It is enabled by authorizing other computers and users to share the game library.
Can you play the same steam game on two computers?
Only one user can play shared games at the same time. You can play the same game on two computers but at different times.