When your operating system shows troubleshooting or window corruption, you need to reinstall the window via a disc or USB. In the case of windows and MAC operating systems, when you restart the computer, it usually boots up from the internal hard drive.
But you may use other sources to reinstall the window. In this article, we will guide you on how to boot from USB.
If you want to boot from USB, you need to check the following instructions:
- Bootable USB flash drive.
- Prioritize the USB drive as the first option from the BIOS/UEFI menu.
- Disable the fast boot before USB booting in certain computer models like ultrabooks.
Read also: How to Download Windows 10 For Free?
Boot from USB:
- Remove all the drives like printers, memory cards, and scanners.
- Insert the USB flash drive in the USB port.
- Restart your system.
- Press any key to start boot (See Boot Menu button on Computer Starting Screen) from the external drive (if you are prompted to do so).
- Disconnected all the other drives like scanners and printers.
- Insert the USB flash drive.
- Open the boot menu via a combination of specific keys depending upon the company of your laptop.
- Click the USB and hit enter.
Read also: Easy Ways to Speed Up Windows 10
NOTE: To access the boot menu of the famous brand, the following are the shortcut keys.
Acer: Esc, F12, or F9.
Asus: F8 or Esc
Compaq: Esc or F9
HP: Esc or F9. If Esc works, you may need to press F9 afterward: Esc + F9.
Lenovo: F8, F10, or F12. On computer models with the Novo button, try pressing the Novo button. Other key combinations: Fn + F11.
Samsung: Esc or F2 or F12
Sony: Esc, F10, or F11. On some Sony VAIO computer models, you may need to press the Assist button.
If the above-mentioned methods do not work, then check the BIOS/UEFI settings. It would help if you prioritized the USB at the top of the boot drive option.
By adopting this method, you are enabling the operating system to boot from USB.
If, after adopting all the 3 methods, you are still unable to boot from the USB, then the only reason is USB is not bootable.