Decide an E-commerce Platform
Nowadays, we have a lot of options to choose an eCommerce platform to build our eCommerce website. This platform offers lots of features that make it much easier to build your website.
With an Ecommerce platform, you can build your website too quickly using thousands of templates that have a built-in eCommerce functionality. You also can customize your templates as whatever you want such as adding contact forms, shopping carts, and much more.
Some top eCommerce platforms:
Choose a Perfect Domain
The domain name is mandatory – your domain name is an address bar to go to your website. Make sure that your domain name is short, catchy, relevant, memorable, and the best representative of your brand and website. You also can buy a domain name through an e-commerce website such as:
Ecommerce Website Design and Layout
Today, it is common knowledge that an e-commerce website has less than 10 seconds to grab the attention of the visitors. Your e-commerce store design and layout play a vital role in gaining maximum traffic and attractions.
Two simple tips:
Design Better Interfaces
Design is the most important part of your e-commerce website. It is the connection between the store and the customers. If you have to boost up your site in order to gain more visitors you need to design that is simple, elegant, and colorful.
Come up with Flowing UI
There are some basic guidelines, your website must be showing some creative UI looking more attractive. That means you have all the liberty to either add a banner on top, some animation, or display simple boxes to present store categories.
This does seem like the most irrelevant feature. However, did u know there are 75% of the E-commerce websites which are not dual in nature? This includes desktop, laptop, smartphones, and tabs.
Make sure that your website must be responsive. A lot of sales can be generated over smartphones. So this becomes one of our priorities and a major factor. Your website must be mobile-friendly. To ensure that you can do the following:
- Mobile-friendly test to check usability.
- The checkout process on mobile.
- Use the top navigation menu
- Use APM Carousel
Some simple tips:
- Ensure formatting is consistent.
- Content should be scannable using H1 and H2.
- Display links to all your social media pages.
- Must have contact and FAQ pages, as well as privacy, shipping, and returns policies.
High-Resolution Photos & Images
Images play a very vital role in any e-commerce business. Using high-resolution images of the product helps the customer to know the quality of the product. You can also add multiple photos from different angles of the product. The images can also affect the browsing speed, so the quality image automatically increases the speed of the page.
Some important guidelines:
- Ensure your e-commerce website is secured.
- Check that your website URL on the search bar is showing the secure padlock.
- Backed up your website on a regular basis.
Many eCommerce stores do not realize the importance of support pages. For many users, these pages are the first priority of the customer to return and the other relevant information about the product. The customer support page must be easy to find out on your website.
The checkout process is a crucial consideration when designing e-commerce website. The users can easily add products to their cart and get the information they need, such as shipping details. Make sure the checkout process can be easy as it can be possible.
Some important tips:
- checkout is super fast and easy, with no barriers.
- Ensure you capture emails as early as possible.
- Provide delivery information and dispatch message via email or SMS.
- Ensure that password recovery is quick and easy.
- Send an invitation a few weeks later to review the product.
- Send thank you message after they checked out.
In this digital era, it is very hard to grow your eCommerce website to succeed. It will take more time. so, give it time. Try, fail, and then try again to flourish.