What if I told you that you could unlock 3G modems for free, would it mean much to you?
If your answer is yes, then this post is for you.
And yes, it’s possible to unlock most recent data cards now and the best part is that you don’t need a third-party unlock software to make it happen.
In this post, I’m going to show you a simple and free method I use to unlock 3G modems. And this method works for most recent data cards. If you follow my steps, you will be able to unlock your modem with the help of free tools which I believe you already have at your disposal.
What Are The Benefits of Unlocking Your 3G Modem?
- Unlocking your modem allows you to use your 3G modem with any mobile broadband operator’s SIM card.
- Ability to choose a service provider tariff based on your needs.
With that out of the way,
Requirements For Unlocking 3G Modems
There are a few tools you need to unlock your Huawei modem. Like I mentioned earlier, these are tools you already have at your disposal.
- A computer (laptop or desktop) with a web browser installed.
- An active internet connection. This is necessary since our unlock method is web-based.
- An active Gmail account.
- The Huawei 3G modem you want to unlock.
- An unsupported SIM card. That is a SIM card from a service provider other than the one your modem is locked to.
Enough information, let’s get down to business.
How I Unlock 3G Modems Free (Huawei)
- First of all, insert an unsupported SIM into the USB modem.
- Plug the modem into your USB port and ensure that the drivers are properly installed (if it’s the first time you’re plugging the modem to your computer). Wait for the modem dashboard to initialize and display. You should see a pop-up window prompting you to enter unlock code.
Note: Remaining unlock attempts must be between 1-10.
- Next, click here to go to the unlock page.
- Sign in with your Google+ (Gmail) account. If you don’t have one, click here to register.
- Accept the app permission to use your Google+ profile. See image below.
- On the next page, provide your modem’s 15 digit IMEI and model number and click Calculate.
- Click the G+ icon to show the results. See image below:
- The next screen should be similar to the image below.
Congratulations! You have successfully generated the unlock code for your modem.
Now, it’s time to unlock your modem by entering the unlock code through the modem dashboard. See image:
The code to use for unlocking your modem is the New Algo code if your modem is a recent model like Huawei E303. If it’s an Old Algo, then you should use the corresponding code as shown in one of the images above. And if you’re not sure whether your modem is New Algo or Old Algo, click here and follow the instructions on the page and you should be able to check which category your data card belongs to. Also, if for some reason, you don’t want to unlock your modem via the modem’s dashboard, you can effect the unlock using the Huawei Modem Code Writer.
By the way:
Note that an Algo is an unlock code algorithm which is a sequence of logical operations (or, Xor, MD5) which is done on your IMEI in order to get the Unlock Code for Huawei Modems.
Now It’s Your Turn
You’ve just seen how I unlock 3G modems to browse with any network at no cost…
Now it’s time to put the steps given above into practice.
The first step?
We love comments. So, tell us how this guide helped you unlock your Huawei 3G modem.
In addition, share this post with your friends using our social share buttons so they can benefit from this guide as well.