To begin with:
What is WinToBootic?
WinToBootic is a free application which allows you to make your USB flash disk or hard disk bootable. It supports ISO, DVD or Folder as boot disk source. WinToBootic also has NTFS support, boot support for Windows PE2/PE3/PE4 and you can burn from ISO 9660 and ISO 13346.
What are the Features of WinToBootic?
Simple User Interface: WinToBootic has an easy-to-understand user interface. On first use of the software, you know where to go to get things done. When you launch the program, it presents you with a friendly interface.
Lightweight: It’s light-weight in that, the procedures for use are easy to follow. There are labels that make your experience with the software as smooth as possible.
What do you need to create a bootable disk?
A Windows computer is an essential tool that’s need to create a bootable USB/flash drive. And it’s on the computer’s USB port that you will plug the flash drive.
WinToBootic software: A light-weight software that formats the flash drive and extracts .iso.
USB disk (drive) or memory card: To create a bootable USB disk, you need an external data storage device. The USB disk must have at least 4GB free storage memory.
A Windows OS in .iso format. The OS is what allows other programs to run on your computer. There are different OS’s by different manufacturers. But here, we are considering Windows OS. And there are different variants of Windows such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10. For the illustrations in this post, I used Windows 7.
How To Make Bootable Pen Drive To Install Windows Using WinToBootic
- Plug a flash drive or hard disk (of not less than 4GB) to your computer and launch WinToBootic software. You should back up the data on the external storage you intend to convert to a bootable pen drive. This is to avoid loss of valuable data while formatting the disk.
- Select the drive of the flash disk (eg. E:FAT32) that you plugged to your computer earlier. See image below. Ensure that you’ve selected the appropriate drive. Note that you can’t reverse the formatting process once performed.
- Click on the downward-facing arrow on the software to locate and load your Windows OS. Or, you can drag and drop the OS to the arrow box.
- Check Quick Format and click Do it! and a prompt will display requesting you to confirm your action. Click OK to confirm that you want to format the selected storage drive.
- After that, wait for the other processes to complete as your help isn’t required here. Your job at this point is to ensure that the flash disk remains connected. I bet you know what a disconnection of the flash implies. You will have to restart the process if it disconnects. The processes will look similar to the image below:
- Wait for the Thanks button to show up. Once it does, you have successfully created a bootable pen drive with WinToBootic.
Now make it happen and let us know your experience in the comments.
Did you find this guide useful? Share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus!